History and Authority
According to the Royal Decree Organizing of Department of Medical Sciences (DMSc), Ministry of Public Health published in Thai Gazette No. 119 Section 103 ก. Dated October 9, 2002, the authority of Department of Medical Sciences is written on page 62 article (6) in that supporting and developing quality assurance system and giving services on laboratory accreditation in the field of health products, biological products, medicinal plant and in medical laboratory diagnosis for all government and private laboratories.
The authority of the BLQS according to the Royal Decree Organizing of Department of Medical Sciences volume 126, part 98, dated 28th December, 2009 are listed as follows:
1. To assist and support the development of laboratory quality assurance system and organize the proficiency testing program related to medical testing laboratory (clinical Laboratory) and public health testing laboratory (consumer products or health products testing laboratory).
2. To give services for laboratory assessment and grant laboratory accreditation in both medical testing laboratory (clinical Laboratory) and public health testing laboratory (consumer products or health products testing laboratory).
3. To be the information center of quality and laboratory standard in medical and public health laboratories.
4. To cooperate or support other governmental offices or any assignment.
The Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards is the government organization. It acts as the national accreditation body for all of medical and public health laboratories (or consumer protection), including laboratories engaged in clinical testing and health products testing activities. BLQS is also acts as the accreditation body for reference material producer. All the activities regarding the accreditation of the testing laboratories and reference material producer are performed in compliance with ISO/IEC 17011 and APAC MRA-001.
approved to be a full member and signatory to Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation
Cooperation (APLAC) MRA for testing on 14 November 2002, medical testing on 18
April 2007 and reference material producer on 17 June 2014. Bureau of Laboratory Quality Standards became
a signatory to the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
MRA on 4 April 2003. BLQS shall grant accreditation to laboratory and reference
material producer complying with the international standards ISO/IEC 17025, ISO
15189, ISO 15190, ISO 22870 and ISO 17034 as long as it meets the Thai legal
and official requirements.
The policies and
procedures of BLQS are non-discriminatory and shall be administered in a non-discriminatory
way. Laboratory accreditation shall be issued by the Committee with the
independence of judgement. All accreditation body personnel, committees,
assessors and the experts that involve the activities of accreditation are
committed to full compliance with Impartiality Policy declared by the BLQS director.
They shall sign a policy statement which obliges them to maintain impartiality
and to declare any potential conflicts of interest.
- Law for accreditation
- Accredited laboratories complying with ISO/IEC 17025
- Accredited laboratories complying with ISO 15189:2012, ISO 15190:2003
- Accredited reference material producer complying with the ISO 17034: 2016
- Transition to ISO/IEC 17025:2017
- BLQS Impartiality Policy
- Appeal and Complaint
- Questionaires for evaluation accreditation process
- Announcement for Accreditation